Software Engineer (Intermediate/Senior)
16 years ago, our founder decided to start a mobile game company and called it IUGO, which in Latin means “to connect”. His vision was boldly to do just that; connect people through mobile games. Today we are the longest standing mobile games company in Canada with a wide variety of games under our belts including The Walking Dead: Road to Survival, PvPets, Middle-earth: Shadow of War and many more. Our team is full of intelligent and passionate foodies, beer connoisseurs, thrill seekers, musicians, fitness fanatics, leaders, dreamers and of course - GAMERS! For pictures and more information about our space and culture, check out our Instagram and the career page on our website.
Our employees are currently given the option to either work remotely from home, OR from the studio (provided they complete our 30 minute Covid-19 Safety Training). Our entire interview and onboarding process can be completed from the comfort of your own home. All applications will be considered, however we want candidates to remain aware that IUGO will return to the studio once it is safe to do so.
- Develop games for the iOS and Android platforms in C++, using Xcode and our proprietary mobile platform.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, artists, producers, and designers.
- Support the maintenance and execution of games as an online service.
- Expert level programming in modern C++.
- Strong foundation in logic and computer science, including areas such as algorithms, data schemas, back and forward compatibility and optimization.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and team collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to excel in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Professional software engineering experience in game development or another industry.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline.
- Development experience with iOS, Android, Obj-C, Java or Xcode.
PERKS OF WORKING AT IUGO
- 3 weeks paid vacation & 4 personal days per year (earn up to an extra week)
- Epic Fridays with catered lunch & afternoon social hour with drinks (every week)
- Game consoles, tables & a tonne of board games
- Lifestyle bonus for your favourite activity
- Company parties, traditions & team building events
- Transit subsidy
- Extended benefits package
- Lunch & learns, massage chair, fully stocked kitchen, vitamix blender, company swag, team lunches and flexible work from home policy.