Chicago, IL & Orlando, FL
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We encourage people from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented UI Artist that can help us concept, develop, and implement User Interface content. This role will serve on a team that is collaborating with our valuable partners for their AAA game franchises. We need a new team member who is comfortable working on new UI projects, as well as stepping into existing projects that our team is already working on.
- Collaborate with creative leads and fellow teammates to craft the artistic vision for the navigation, iconography, and transitions that comprise the interactive screens of our games.
- Communicate and reinforce the mood of our games through UI
- Participate in the conception process for User Interface art
- Hands-on development and implementation of UI art based on direction from the Lead UI Artist
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of junior UI artists
- Collaborate with other development disciplines
- Previous development of UI in interactive media and/or past game dev experience
- Meaningful experience with commercial tools and software used in UI Art development such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Some understanding of game engines such as UE4 and Unity
- Passion for generating high-quality UI assets in a wide range of styles and helping to implement them in-game
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues
Here’s our wish list for the ideal UI Artist at Iron Galaxy. If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for!
- AAA game development experience
- Proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Axure, Adobe XD
- Experience generating high-quality UI art assets in a wide range of styles and helping to implement that in-game
- Knowledge of UX best practices
- You love video games
ABOUT IRON GALAXY: We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports and remasters for the biggest companies in the gaming industry. We also create exciting experiences for our own community. At Iron Galaxy Studios, we champion a healthy work-life balance, continuous improvement, equality, and support a diverse culture for all employees.
COVID Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.