This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through mid-2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a Tech Designer to be help solve difficult implementation and pipeline problems on our projects and be a knowledge hub for development tools for our team.
The Tech Designer will work with our Design team on projects to help build out challenging technical content using scripting and the development tools of our projects. They will help team members understand the pipelines needed to develop content and work with our team on how they can be improved. Our Technical Designers at Iron Galaxy get the opportunity to work on a variety of tools from the AAA partners we work with, and are regularly challenged to learn new tools and excel at them.
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Master and be a knowledge hub of UI Design across platforms and use cases
- Design and develop wireframes, prototypes, and user flows – solo, and with the collaboration of our UI Team
- Implement game interface in UE4, Unity, and proprietary engines for a variety of genres across single and multi-player
- Collaborate with Art team on look + feel, style guides, fx, and 2D / 3D visual elements and their layout
- Collaborate with Tech UI / Engineering on the UI elements, variables, structure, layout, and optimization / performance targets
- Help manage UI development, participate in peer mentorship with and generate feedback for other UI team members
- Take in player and peer feedback and make meaningful iterations and improvements to the implementation and interface
- Produce mockups and assets for pitches, prototypes, and kickoffs, using existing designs and feature goals
- Be a champion of UI for our games, helping to energize your peers, and helping to drive quality for our products
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Experience with some of the commercial tools and software used in UI Design such as Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Axure, etc.
- Experience with game development engines such as UE4 and Unity
- Experience generating UI wireframe and helping to implement that in-game
- You love games
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment are essential to making great games and being awesome in everything we do. Therefore, we actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.