Lead UI Artist
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
Quarantine Disclaimer: As part of our commitment to your safety in response to COVID-19, teammates of Iron Galaxy are working from home until at least July. This work-from-home policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding will be done remotely, and any equipment that you need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Lead UI Artist that can help us concept, develop and implement UI content. This role will serve on a team that is collaborating with one of our valuable partners on their AAA game franchise. We need a new teammate who is comfortable owning a new UI project and implementation, as well as taking over with existing projects that have already been setup
- Collaborate with creative leads and fellow teammates to craft and communicate the artistic vision for the navigation, iconography, and transitions that comprise interactive screens of our games which reinforce the mood of our games
- Concept, develop, and implement the art for the UI
- Develop and maintain UI Style Guides to establish a consistent and cohesive art direction
- Hands-on contribution to artwork that defines and enhances the visual presentation of our games
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of other UI artists
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Work with production to schedule and track tasks
- Extensive experience developing UI in interactive media and/or game development, some AAA game experience preferred
- Extensive experience with commercial tools and software used in UI Art development such as Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Axure, Adobe XD gets you bonus points.
- Experience with game development engines such as UE4 and Unity
- Extensive experience generating high quality UI art assets in a wide range of styles, and helping to implement that in-game
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues
- Knowledge of UX best practices
- A love for games
ABOUT IRON GALAXY
We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing experiences for our players. We also partner with the best companies in our industry to team up on their projects. Our work has resulted in feature development for some of your favorite franchises, ports that move popular games from platform to another, and remasters that breathe new life into beloved titles. We pride ourselves on our commitment to maintaining a positive culture and supporting a healthy balance between work and life for our employees.
See why we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment are essential to making great games and being awesome in everything we do. Therefore, we actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.