Locations: Barcelona, Copenhagen, Malmö
Here at IO Interactive, we are looking for a UI Designer to join us on this truly exciting new IP we have in the works. A real passion project to its core, we are bringing in enthusiastic and talented developers of all kinds, and now we need a UI designer to help us achieve our creative vision and design some amazing UI pieces for this title.
You will be working closely alongside the art and design teams, as you will be both designing and implementing immersive UI designs into our new project. This role is open to any of our three amazing studio locations, be it the lovely hub of culture and sunshine in Barcelona, or the incredibly forward-thinking cities of Copenhagen and Malmö!
What you will do:
- Collaborate with game designers and engineers in the creation of user interface and user experience to help define and develop games
- Explore UI designs and implement visual prototypes using appropriate prototype tools and/or in-game
- Create and maintain UI designs and technical documentation
- Iterate on look and feel of the UI, incorporating feedback from design, stakeholders, and playtests to produce the most user friendly and visually compelling experience possible
- Translate concepts into producible game elements
- Fix bugs and optimize game assets for required performance and to comply with specifications on various platforms
Who you are:
- 5 years of experience in the video games industry and at least one shipped title under your belt
- Has a keen artistic eye with strong graphic design and motion graphic skills
- Ability to respond elegantly to creative changes
- Ability to maximize result under strong technical constraints
- A dedicated team player, yet able to work independently
We would love it if you had:
- A profound interest in video games and the wish to always level up our standards
- Have a professional and personal focus on accessibility
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 30 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen, Barcelona and Malmö studios. We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö , Barcelona and Copenhagen studios. For the right candidate, will take location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English.