IO Interactive is growing in Malmö and we have big ambitions for our studio growth and projects which means we’re looking for an experienced Studio Head to be part of our journey of being the most desirable game developer in Europe.
At IOI there’s plenty of space for dreams and impact! We thrive on drive, owning and delivering on ambitious goals, whilst having a good time in between celebrating our successes and cheering for each other. As Studio Head you will be working with our CEO and COO to create and implement production strategies to ensure successful high performance of the studio. This entail setting a high quality bar for leadership and upholding our IOI culture and values. Furthermore the Studio Head will be responsible for supporting the local development teams to constantly grow and strenghten the conditions for the projects to deliver on the ambitious goals. To do this, we expect you to have knowledge about and share our passion towards games and game development.
We envision our new Studio Head coming with strong experience from leading and driving strategy on a top level with high impact and rapid changes, as it's a dynamic and creative environment with top talent you'd be part of. This means that you’ll have to be thorough, concrete, and specific when solving complex challenges as well as you’re involving and approachable to the team. You are inclusive but decisive and able to take and give feedback to improve yourself and your team. You are an influential leader, oriented towards innovation, thinking outside the box and pushing boundaries.
What you will do:
- Ensure high performance by the studio by setting standards for leadership and upholding the IOI culture and values
- Define and take responsibility for executing on OKR's (objectives & key results) for the studios contribution to the overall Mission & Vision of IOI
- Ensure cross studio collaboration and performance of individuals
- Represent IOI locally and support employer branding initiatives
- Manage studio administration budget covering e.g. facilities, furniture, maintenance, and cleaning
- Responsible for submitting the budget, achieving the revenue, profit and operational goals of the Studio
- Ensure that business is run in accordance with local law and regulations
- Ensure employee package is aligned with overall IOI decisions
Who you are:
- Proven leader with management experience in all aspects of an AAA video game production
- Hands-on experience with operating a business in Sweden
- An assertive leader not afraid to take action and drive initiatives whilst keeping the respectful and empathic tone
- Hands-on experience delivering ideas and initiatives to support the growth of projects, people and IP's
- A manager who can provide direction to the local studio team
- Experienced in establishing and managing processes to ensure high quality targets are met
- Facilitator of collaboration between people, departments, studios and external partners
- The ability to represent IO Interactive nationally and internationally as a desirable place to work
- Skilled in the art of communication to reach common goals and overcome obstacles
- A keen eye for details and the ability to create consensus around the big picture
- Approcable and proactive in your interaction with your peers, collaborators and the studio as a whole
Who we are:
A team, above all. When you join our studio you can expect to be listened to and have your efforts and impact recognized. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 31 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in our Malmö studio. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and if you are outside Denmark and Sweden, we provide full relocation and VISA support, for you and your family. We are looking forward to hearing from you!