Senior UX Designer
Our projects and goals are constantly growing and we're therefore looking for an experienced UX Designer to join us on the mission of developing of the best possible UX flows in games. This is both according to the user experience but also ensuring that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces and other parts of the game.
You will be working with the very best of IO Interactive's programmers, designers and artists (kidding - they're all awesome!) to make sure the flows are sensible and easy to understand for all our gamers; which means you know the constraints and challenges of incorporating both UX and UI. Being a core part of establishing the foundations of UX you're also ready to lend an idea and a hand or two on how to make a fully incorporated user experience from design logic to layout and flows of menus and elements to support our gameplay features without overruling them.
For you, it's key that the player journey is accessible, engaging and immersive - because it is for us.
You'd be part of our unannounced AAA project, which is a brand new title and concept where you'd be joining the core team shaping the foundation of our continous journey. We can't wait to see where you'll take us!
What you will do:
- Create functional prototypes of game features to ensure a high quality user flow in game
- Implement an optimal interface layout plan
- Craft solid UX specifications and documentation as well as collaborate with the art and design team creating visual cues, UI patterns and style guides
- Design and oversee the functional production of the menus and user interfaces of the game
- Work closely with game designers to determine the best controls and inputs to support game features for a fluid and consistent player experience
- Ensure optimal interaction feedback and minimal control latency as well as work with different input methods in mind (Keyboard & Mouse and Controller)
- Ensure that signs and feedback clearly communicate the game information based on best practices in accessibility
- Communicate designs in a technical manner for programming implementation
- Develop flows, wireframes, prototypes and other UX documentation for key game features designed by the development team
- Work with the engineering teams to implement the user experiences
- Preparing playtest sessions and gathering qualitative and quantitative feedback to optimize existing UX/UI designs and create new ones
- Deliver and follow through: from conception through development to shippable feature
- Ensure that the interface arrangement accounts for localization constraints
Who you are
- 5+ years of practical UX design experience in games or game related projects
- Experience designing for e-commerce services, preferably video games
- Proven skillset in designing fun/effective wireframes and interactions, user flows and prototypes
- Solid understanding of interaction/graphic design fundamentals
- Well versed in articulating, rationalizing and emphasizing with the end-user’s needs
- Adaptable and quick learner; whether it’s a new prototyping tool, design process, or game engine
- Understanding of lean UX concepts and the ability to work within a continuous flow environment (ability to think holistically while building and learning iteratively)
- Solid grasp of ergonomic principles applied to video games
- Profound knowledge of interaction design and user behaviour
We'd love it if you had:
- Knowledge of a scripting language (Python, ActionScript, etc.)
- Game design experience
- Experience with commercial game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.) or even better proprietary engines from in-house game development work
- A degree in design, UX design or related artistic disciplines
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 28 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in our Malmö office. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you!