At IOI, our employees are our top priority.
We are committed to developing our organization into the go-to place for people to work and grow in. That is why our studio is currently looking for a People Manager to cover the area of Technology. It’s a bad job if you like to be lonely, but great if you want to work with lots of exceptionally talented tech people.
We will count on your experience and insight to make our programmers, technical support and QA specialists evolve and “grow that extra bit” – both as individuals, as professionals, and as part of a group. We will need you to have strong HR and people skills, and to understand and be passionate about video games development.
As a People Manager at IOI, you need to be able to identify, plan, and execute the tech staff’s career paths right from recruitment, through professional and personal development.
What you will do:
- Play a key role in building that special organization that allows IOI to achieve its ambitious growth plans, and become an industry example for how to care for its people.
- Be the go-to person for programmers, technical support, QA, and associated support functions in matters of personnel development
- Ensure proper implementation of employee processes defined by HR (feedback process, salary and appraisal talks, career development and action planning, cross-functional development) and collaborate with HR on new ideas and improvements to these processes.
- Stay in close touch with employees to identify potential, strengths, issues and help their
- Participate in recruitment help define the needed profiles and take part in interviews to assess the right skill and cultural match for the individual technical teams. Take part in the on-boarding of new employees.
- Help manage tech staff’s career paths: define individual action plans for project transitions, promotions, skill training, salary regulations
- Manage the tech staff’s salary budget, and constantly oversee the evaluation, classification, and rating of different senior levels and job roles.
- Perform challenging staffing duties, including handling understaffing, resolving disputes, warnings and layoffs, and disciplinary procedures.
- Help tech staff drive constant improvement of our work processes, and always find more efficient and optimal ways of doing things.
- Support producers with internal mobility between projects,finding and assigning the right people to the right project in terms of timeline, skills and each individual’s wishes.
Who you are:
- You have proven experience as a technical personnel manager for a major AAA game development studio, or a large tech company.
- Strong people management skills and experience with people development and growth.
- Experience with HR processes related to employee lifecycle management.
- Strong communication skills, open and a highly approachable nature.
- You need to have a strong sense for good craftsmanship within the technical disciplines of video game development.
- You need a keen eye to spot when that special talent comes around – and be able to nurture it.
- Strong conflict resolution skills – we are developers with passion for our products.
- You need to fully understand the process of game development and production.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- A passion for video games is mandatory.
We would love it if you had:
- Training in mediation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to speak and understand Danish.
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. O
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Please include a portfolio with your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you!