Frontline Support Engineer
Frontline Support Engineer
Do you thrive in solving problems to make workflows smoother and more efficient for our teams? Are you that outgoing and service-minded colleague people turn to because you are the problem solver with the ability to find a working solution? Then we need you to come join an amazing AAA games developer studio in either Barcelona, Malmø or Copenhagen.
The essence of the role is to help the game development team be as productive as possible at all times with a smile on your face.
What you will do:
- You will be joining a team of passionate engineers with the shared goal of ensuring that our production runs smoothly.
- You will be part of the Hitman project as well as our brand new titles such as 007 and our unannounced project.
Typical tasks include:
- Help and support our designers, artists, and crafts when they are struggling with our internal software technology. You will become an expert in our in-house tech in no time.
- Work and support the production teams from all disciplines, and your fellow software support engineers with the goal of running a smooth production.
- Help different teams in production with troubleshooting their tools of the trade.
- Maintain, improve, develop, and set up Perforce and build robots (TeamCity).
- Work with release management to ensure correct builds are ready for relevant deadlines.
- Work with external partners to ensure that they can perform their tasks. This may include training as well as on-site help with setting up computers and infrastructure.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate manual processes in the production pipeline.
- Other work typically includes creating and maintaining tools and scripts that help your ad-hoc work and creating reports or tools for reporting when specific information is needed.
Who you are:
The one that likes to help people by identifying blockers and making workflows more efficient. Your workday will always be new and challenging and we will rely on your skills and knowledge to solve software issues.
We already have an IT department which takes care when a machine fails or similar but you are our frontline when it comes to in-house technology.
We hope you are just as excited to work with complex challenges and take ownership of your tasks as you are with learning from your teammates as they will learn from you too. Being ambitious yet humble is what helped our team excel so far.
Here are a few more things we need from you:
- You have Academy Profession (AP) degree in Computer Science, equivalent or higher
- You possess detailed knowledge of Microsoft desktop software and you have experience with a scripting language such as PowerShell or similar.
- A friendly and helpful attitude, excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills, and a flair for making things work.
- You have the ability to prioritize the workload, ensure continuity of business critical environments and exhibit a good understanding of structured installations.
We would love it if you had (not required though):
- Experience with console game development
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, 3dsMax and Photoshop as well as Perforce.
- The wizard skills with the Linux command line.
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to, and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 30 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen, Barcelona, and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate and are supported, valued, and listened to at all steps. We dedicate ourselves to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Barcelona studios, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Please send us a motivational letter telling us why IO Interactive and you would be a perfect match. We are looking forward to hearing from you! In case of questions, drop an email to Kasper, at [email protected]
We are interviewing continuously until the right candidate is found, so don't hesitate but apply right away.