Senior Web SDET
Full Job Description
We are obsessed with crafting a unique MMO, if you’re up for the challenge, let's make it glorious together! Here are some specifics on what we're looking for...
Intrepid Studios’ Ashes of Creation team is looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Web Software Development Engineer in Test to join us, here in beautiful Southern California. This role will report to the Web-Platform team and support our microservices team by taking ownership and maintaining software automation frameworks. This will ensure that we continue to deliver to our community great experiences that only Intrepid can provide! This is a great opportunity to unleash your creativity and partner with talented game veterans to craft a unique MMORPG experience that helps bring people together.
What you will accomplish:
- Collaborate with platform designers and developers to ensure that features are correctly scoped & tested.
- Develop & maintain test automation frameworks and automated tests to support day to day operations of web platforms.
- Ensure that systems are performant, stable and robust
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines.
- Perform smoke tests & regression testing as part of the release cycle
- Engage with QA, Platform Engineers & Production
- Strive to learn, teach and apply best practices in all aspects of work.
- Efficiently self-manage to balance working independently and with other developers.
- Create and document complex systems in a clear manner for others to rely on as a reference to potentially expand upon.
What you bring to the team:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience working with principles of software development & test automation frameworks
- Experience working with frameworks such as Mocha, Chai & nUnit
- Solid experience working with version control such as Git & Perforce
- Experience creating maintainable and modular software automation frameworks using Selenium, WebDriverIO, Cypress or Pytest
- Experience using Postman
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, React or VueJS
- Experience with collaboration software such as Jira, TestRail and Confluence
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with Elastic Search/AWS, Prometheus, Grafana and metrics
- Experience working with REST
- Ability to articulate (both in written and verbal methods) complex processes in a clear manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Fluent in a modern NodeJS
- Fluent with modern, headless CMS systems
- Familiarity with testing windows applications
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with microservices architectures & Kubernetes
- Experience in AAA game development
- A Passion for making and playing MMO games
- Familiarity with Ashes of Creation
- Drive & creativity to improve test coverage and establish best practices throughout the studio
- A portfolio that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to create maintainable, high-quality code
Required Application Materials:
- Resume & Portfolio
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Relevant information about yourself that demonstrates exceptional ability and goes beyond your resume
- Why you are interested in working at Intrepid
- What games you are currently playing
What We Offer:
- Medical health benefits covered 100% for employee & dependent
- Paid vacation & Sick days
- Company Bonus’
- Company matched 401k
- Fun & creative environment
- Healthy work life balance
- Free onsite gym
Founded in 2015, Intrepid Studios is the independent developer and publisher of the upcoming and Most Anticipated MMORPG, Ashes of Creation.
Based in beautiful Southern California, Intrepid has assembled a veteran AAA team of tremendous talent and experience in the MMORPG industry. The gaming industry can be a turbulent storm of hiring cycles and layoffs. We’ve set out to do something different, to break this cycle and create an independent studio capable of withstanding the chaos of this industry.
We’ve brought on-board a team of professionals that hold a diverse set of skills, and who all share a singular goal: making fun games. The studio is designed to be an open place for collaboration and communication, a place that is conducive to team building and success. Our goal is to build a family that will laugh together, play together, succeed together, and stay together.
Intrepid Studios is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, pledged to Diversity in the Workplace. Intrepid Studios is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that while positions are currently remote due to the COVID-19 situation, they are expected to be on-site at our San Diego studio when regular office practices resume.
This position is Full-Time, Non-Exempt and based out of our San Diego Office.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Intrepid Studios will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Applicants of all ages, identities, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Intrepid Studios will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.