Workforce Management Coordinator - Jagex - Kickstart Scheme
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
We are looking for highly motivated Workforce Management Coordinator to join our Player Experience team. Your role is vital in ensuring we continue to manage our resources effectively and efficiently. You’ll provide real insight and regular updates to the department on our use of resources, and you’ll use your analytical skills to help forecast player support demand.
We’ll support you through your development by giving you the opportunity to undertake project work, with a focus on maintaining and developing reporting tools that will deliver tangible results to our operations.
We are looking for candidates with an analytical and inquisitive mindset who are looking to develop skills in management, data reporting, and resource coordination. You will have great attention to detail and be willing to develop new skills.
Our 'swipe right' person checklist:
- Desire to develop your career, get involved and seize opportunities to take on new tasks and challenges
- High attention to detail
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and make recommendations
- A great work ethic and willingness to learn
- Strong decision maker and able to apply sound judgement
- Willingness to receive and act on feedback to continuously improve personal performance
What You'll Do:
- Attend daily huddles to offer insights on department resource and demand
- Update daily and weekly reports for Team Leaders and the Operations Team
- Perform data analysis on various performance metrics
- Identify daily, weekly, and monthly trends in player correspondence and make tactical and strategic recommendations on how we can best meet demand
- Undertake general ad hoc project work
What We're Looking For:
- Strong analytical skills and an appreciation of performance metrics
- An interest in data gathering and analytics
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on a variety of data sources
- Experience using Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
Nice to Haves:
- Intermediate or higher Excel skills
- Knowledge of SQL, or a willingness to learn
- Experience planning and coordinating training sessions
In order to apply you should:
- Fill the form below
- Get in touch with your work coach (reference postcode CB4 0WA) to get a referral