Focus Group Coordinator
Focus Group Coordinator – Video Games Research
About the Role
We’re looking for a Qualitative Screener to join our growing team as a freelancer. Interpret is a leading consumer market research and consulting firm in the video game field, and we are constantly screening and recruiting participants for our focus groups, interviews, and large-scale research projects to help us collect data and insights for our clients.
This position will assist with phone screening and scheduling participants, and can eventually grow into helping us find and test new channels for recruiting and making our current processes more efficient. Hours are flexible and there is a lot of work at the moment, so plenty of opportunities to make a little extra cash.
You will be helping us to screen potential candidates for qualitative research projects via phone/text, so good phone etiquette and personal organization are very important. We will train you on the research process, so a background in research isn’t necessary, but you should be ready to self-motivate in order to complete your tasks on (sometimes very strict) deadlines. General knowledge of gaming and the biggest game franchises is not required but preferred. Most of our projects are focused on specific video game titles, franchises, or video game genres - industry knowledge and gaming passion are highly desirable qualities in a candidate.
Experience with Excel and general Microsoft Office software is also helpful. As a Qual Screener you'll need to stay organized and focus your attention across Excel spreadsheets and phone scripts while talking to (friendly) strangers about video games.
- Screen and schedule potential candidates for our research, located throughout the US
- Help to organize and filter potential candidates, and help with some light project management (track and coordinate participant recruiting and screening)
- Phone screening is a big part of the job – you’ll be calling and texting potential candidates to confirm that they’re viable participants and are available to participate in the research
- Get to work with a unique, innovative team inside a growing company working in a growing field. -There is a lot of potential for future development, including taking on more project management tasks, helping the team test new channels, and find more efficiencies in our process
Key Skills Needed
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong phone and customer service skills - engaging with a diverse audience who share a common interest in video games
- Team player, ready to work with a dedicated and fast-moving remote team
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision (takes initiative and looks for process efficiencies whenever possible)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have but not required
- Familiarity with Google Sheets and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (very helpful but we can training can be provided)
- General knowledge of the gaming market and major game genres/franchises across PC, Console, and mobile platforms
- Familiarity with CRM software like Hubspot or Salesforce
- Any phone screening/research recruiting experience
- 0-2 years of experience in customer service (phone-based experience also helpful)