Software Engineer III
Do you have a talent for building and leading teams that deliver highly entertaining experiences? Do you love games that inspire players to reach beyond their horizons, and explore new ways to play, grow, and craft their way to new worlds and experiences?
Intercept Games is the developer for Kerbal Space Program 2, the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re now building a new team to work on an unannounced mission that has us extremely excited and fully continues our goal to make phenomenal games for our players to love. If this sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer III on our team, you will prototyping new functionality and exploring new experiences, eventually rolling these into full production. An engineer of your level is responsible for owning major systems, contributing significantly to portions of architecture and design for our game software. Working alongside other engineering professionals, you are a clear and streamlined communicator, and a standout colleague. You excel at crafting and writing stable, performant software, as well as optimizing user experiences by working with design and content creators. You will evaluate and understand the potential impacts of your implementations, and will make evidence-based recommendations on our path forward. You’ll make deep contributions to crucial technologies that make our product outstanding. We expect candidates to hold the team to high standards by demonstrating good practices for code reviews, system design, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. Together, we will collaborate with leadership, improve tools and processes, collaborate with QA, and deliver software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love!
What You’ll Take On
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- High level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- Has developed software on at least one shipping game on the Desktop, Xbox, or Playstation platforms.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and expertly with a team of peers.
What You Bring
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
- Experience with developing for multiple simultaneous game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 26 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.