(Closed) Software Engineer II
Who Are We
Take-Two develops, publishes and markets some of the world's biggest games. We publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, Ghost Story, PlayDots, Social Point as well as Private Division label and Nordeus. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, Ancestors and The Outer Worlds.
Intercept Games is a development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2. We have a deep passion for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of.
As a Software Engineer II on our team, you will be responsible for delivering major components of our game software, working alongside a team of engineering professionals. You are a clear and crisp communicator, a team player, and you excel at being a solid, high-standards developer. Working alongside our Senior Engineers and your teammates, you will drive the design of your software feature areas, and deliver stable, performant, maintainable implementations that meet the requirements set by our game design team. You’ll make deep contributions to essential technologies that make our product unique, and you will demonstrate good practices in code reviews, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. You will collaborate with the engineering and design teams, build necessary tools, work with QA, and deliver amazing software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love.
What You’ll Take On
- Prototype and build new game-play features.
- Develop effective User Interfaces, such as display elements, notifications, and menus
- Create and document technical designs as needed for new features.
- Provide code reviews for coworkers and guidance for less experienced engineers.
- Work with artists to build new graphical effects.
- Identify and fix client and server performance issues.
What You Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- Has contributed software to least one shipping games on the Desktop, Xbox, or Playstation platforms.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and professionally with a team of peers.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
- Experience with developing for game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
- Experience with Lua, or an equivalent scripting language or modding platform for games.
- Expertise in at least one of the following domains: multi-thread/multi-core optimization; networking/multiplayer and Major Cloud Service implementation (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud); 3D Rendering and Shader implementation/optimization; Game Physics and 3D math; AI, Simulation, pathfinding; Asset streaming, Dynamic LOD, and mesh Tessellation; Audio synthesis and DSP.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.
What We Offer You
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to crafting and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.