Game Console QA Analyst
Full Job Description
Intellivision is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst with strong skills in hardware, firmware, and software testing to join our QA team. You will be responsible for assisting with systems, OS, and game QA to support the launch of a new family-friendly gaming console - Intellivision Amico™.
You must be a self-starter, a quick learner, be able to take on various projects from start to finish, and have a passion to make an impact in the gaming industry!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience/training
- Experience with test case/test suite creation and maintenance
- Experience with at least one OOP language—e.g. Python, C++, Visual C, Java (Python preferred)
- Experience with UNIX-like command-line shells—e.g. Android, Linux, MacOS, (Android preferred)
- Experience parsing and interpreting logs, picking out relevant data and errors
- Network and user interface testing experience
- Able to work well with others in a small team environment
- Strong software/hardware troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Good knowledge of API protocols and data structures, such as REST and JSON
- Game testing experience
- Android testing experience
- JIRA experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- End-to-end testing of the Intellivision Amico games and console (hardware, firmware, OS, controllers)
- Test case/suite creation and maintenance
- Automated test framework creation, in concert with the rest of the team
Benefits and Perks
- Health, dental, vision, and other group policy plans offered
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
Over 40 years ago, the Intellivision home video game console pioneered the video game industry, establishing many industry firsts and capturing an unprecedented 20 percent market share at the time. Building upon its gaming legacy, with support and expertise from industry veterans and superstars, Intellivision is back with the mission to bring people together by delivering simple, affordable, family-friendly entertainment. Intellivision will launch Amico, a unique video game system that is redefining entertainment with family and friends. Amico will come with two easy-to-use color touchscreen controllers and is designed to be fun for all ages. With a broad variety of family-friendly games and a proprietary system that adapts gameplay for any skill level, players of all backgrounds can enjoy gaming together.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.