Project Manager - Outsourcing
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
If organization is your skill – then we would like to hear from you! Insomniac Games is looking for a Project Manager for our Outsourcing function. This role would be responsible for ensuring Insomniac ships titles on time, within budget, and at the highest level of excellence through planning, problem solving, and decision making. This role works heavily alongside external vendors as well as multiple art and animation focused internal teams. This PM creates, modifies, and enforces assigned content schedules for our outsourcing group. Our OS PM works with team members to achieve project milestones, solve production problems, and maintain studio momentum. A key factor for this role is to anticipate and solve problems independently and collaboratively. One will collaborate with Project Managers and project leads by performing the following duties:
- Responsible for the creation, modification, and execution of macro schedules for assigned Outsourcing function. Tracks weekly goals, including outsourced animation work status, scene lock dates, mocap shoot status, animation rigs and model scans status. Ensures all deadlines are met in relation to project objectives and scope. Anticipates scheduling overruns and initiates actions to resolve them.
- Responsible for maintaining the OS Animation schedule of a project and keeping all Leads and Dept heads accountable for the project’s timeline and deadlines
- Unblocks project team members and assists vendors from dependencies of their scheduled tasks and facilitates communication between team members.
- Assists Lead and Senior Project Managers in the creation of milestone deliverable documentation, collaborating with project leadership to coordinate goals across diverse disciplines to project completion.
- Drives efficiency in overall game development. Ensures organizational cohesiveness toward project objectives in conjunction with production leadership.
- Contributes to the implementation of new or refined production methods amongst the rest of the Project Management staff.
- Anticipates and solves problems independently and collaboratively. Develops collaborative relationships across all departments.
- Proactively ensures project updates and changes are communicated to the development team.
- Maintains a constant awareness of game content status and quality levels through regular play sessions. Evaluates assigned content scope and makes recommendations to Lead Project Manager.
- Participates in the logging, reviewing, and re-prioritization of tasks and bugs during deadlines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education And/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Participation as an Associate Project Manager in the completion of one full game cycle is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of bug tracking database(s) is required- DevTrack, TFS, Jira or other industry standard.
- Working knowledge of version control software- Perforce is preferred.
If this is the opportunity that you have been looking for- we want to hear from you. Please use the link below and apply. Thanks!