Technical Lighting Artist (Temporary)
Infinity Ward, developer of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, is looking to hire a temporary Technical Lighting Artist to join our team. You should have a passion for making games and pushing the boundaries of high-quality visuals. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a balance between technical graphics knowledge and understanding and appreciation of visual fidelity.
- Maintain, improve and document existing lighting tools and pipeline
- Be the glue between lighting artists and engineering team
- Implement feature requests from lighting, design and technical teams
- Educate artists on the theory behind pbr, best practices of tools, rendering and materials
- Monitor and optimize game rendering performance and memory usage and help development of tools to aid in this process
- Create example maps for testing, educational and corrective purposes
- Streamline existing lighting setup and process
- Work in proprietary scripting code and tools to standardize complex light behaviors
- Find and report rendering issues including bug submission, tracking status, monitoring pending integrations
- 4 or more years as a Graphics engineer or Technical Lighting Artist on at least one shipped title
- In depth knowledge of real time Physically Based Rendering theory and material authoring
- Skills to communicate shading and rendering features to the art and engineering teams
- Ability to translate requests into usable tools
- Curious in personality and ability to demonstrate pragmatic problem-solving skills
- An honest understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses
- Experience with Qt in either Python or C++
- Experience adapting ideas from published papers into rendering and shading features
- In depth understanding of photography
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won over 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and most recently, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward is located in Woodland Hills, California, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically-acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and accomplished development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent workplace environment.