Senior Visual Effects Rendering Engineer
Infinity Ward, developer of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is looking for a Senior Visual Effects Rendering Engineer to join our team and drive the vision of what a true next-gen console can achieve!
- Improve and maintain the run-time particle rendering and simulation code.
- Contribute to the technical vision and architecture for the visual effects system.
- Improve and maintain the visual effects authoring tool.
- Work with the visual effects content team to identify and implement code feature requests.
- Optimize performance and memory profiles of particle rendering subsystems
- Stay abreast of technology trends and techniques in visual effects rendering as it pertains to real-time graphics engines.
- Work with and maintain platform-specific code, as necessary
- Communicate with and educate the visual effects content team about features of the effects engine and optimization techniques.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices
- Understand and embrace the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug fixing and optimization become more important than new features)
- B.S. (or higher) in Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of programming experience in C/C++
- Good understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Strong 3D math skills and low-level engine experience are essential
- Excellent debugging and performance analysis skills
- Ability to break down problems and design code features
- Familiarity with the DirectX 12 API
- Familiarity with writing HLSL shaders
- GPU Compute experience is a plus.
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won over 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and most recently, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward is located in Woodland Hills, California, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically-acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and accomplished development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent workplace environment.