Senior Rendering Engineer
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a Senior Rendering Engineer to join our development team.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for graphics, enjoys working closely with content creators, and has experience with real-time simulations/games. You should feel comfortable working in most areas of the rendering pipeline, but also have an area of interest where you’ve spent some time focusing your energy.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with the engine team to develop cutting edge rendering technology for our next AAA title
- Work closely with the content team to understand the desired visual results
- Write and maintain robust, high-quality code which meets performance goals given the challenging technical constraints of the target platforms
- Analyze, optimize, and improve existing rendering pathways and content creator workflows
- Contribute ideas for features and improvements as the engine evolves
- Communicate and educate fellow developers about implemented features and rendering technologies in general
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices
- Understand and embrace the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug fixing, and optimization become more important than new features)
- B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of graphics programming experience, including Xbox One, PS4 or equivalent platform development
- Knowledge of performance and memory constraints as they relate to game development
- Strong 3D math skills and low-level engine experience are essential
- Good understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Strong understanding in modern 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D11+, OpenGL4.0+)
- Excellent debugging and performance analysis skills
- Working knowledge of modern-day GPU hardware and typical performance bottlenecks: Xbox One, PS4, GCN/Kepler + etc.
- Working knowledge of writing gpu shaders
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.