Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is looking for an Online Engineer. The work will encompass all elements of multiplayer online games, including new and unique online features, security, infrastructure design, operations management and defining future technologies. This position is a rare opportunity to join a growing team, shape the next generation of online gaming, and have a hand in a multi-million-unit selling franchise.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Architect new networking systems for the game client, game server, and backend
- Bring new ideas and fresh techniques to the table
- Develop, design and maintain existing online features
- Work with Multiplayer Designers to fully realize their visions
- Work with QA to maintain bug free code and detect and eliminate network load issues
- Proficiency in C and C++
- Console programming experience with the ability to create clean, efficient, and well-tested code
- B.S. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Interest in games, preferably first-person shooters
- Strong background and knowledge in server architecture and TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of networking protocols (UDP) and patterns used for online games
- Understanding of the implementation requirements of client-server and peer-to-peer networking models
- Understanding of REST and MySQL or other relational databases
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.