Senior Mobile Game Engine Engineer
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are working to bring bleeding edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
What you'll do...
- Work with designers, artists, and animators to design new core game systems and tools.
- Research and apply state of the art techniques.
- Apply your creativity to intense optimization needs.
- Create new technology to boost game and team capabilities.
- Mentor other engineers
- Report to the Lead Game Tech Engineer
Ideally, you'll have...
- Extraordinary C/C++ skills, with 5+ years of experience with game technology or similar.
- Working knowledge of industry standard techniques such as spatial structures, real-time lossy decompression, producer-consumer solutions, resource paging, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing complex systems.
- Comfort with handling large code bases.
- Strong interest in exploring emerging and available technologies.
- A strong mental model of how processors, memory, GPUs, and other essential hardware components work and how it relates to code.
- Experience with mobile platforms.
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- Game rooms with PC gaming stations, arcade machines, foosball, and more
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties, tournaments, movie screenings, and launch parties.
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.