Senior Game Designer
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
We’re seeking a talented and experienced Game Designer to work in a fast-paced environment who is passionate about making great games with like-minded teammates. You will be responsible for designing features and systems to delight our players. As a creative force on the team, you will champion getting your ideas and designs into the game.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, an innate ability to communicate complex ideas in simple to understand ways, extensive knowledge of mobile games, and exceptional creativity. You can collaborate effectively with a team of developers to implement your designs and are familiar with using telemetry to validate and improve your designs.
- Design and drive the vision and implementation of features and game systems
- Take part in internal and external playtests, and iterate based on feedback
- Develop ideas for gameplay and progression systems throughout the player life-cycle
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing
- Keep the team updated on game wide design changes
- Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players
- Generate actionable changes from research and live data
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and rapidly iterate via playtesting
- Develop data-gathering methods for game balancing and tuning
- Experience designing systems on at least one shipped title
- Demonstrable content creation skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative in a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Scripting experience is a plus
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.