Live Ops Manager
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!.
Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
As the Live Operations Manager, you will be responsible for executing creative and sustainable ways to maximize the lifetime value of our players by analyzing data, managing the in-game economy, and designing processes and tools to help streamline the execution of in-game events and sales. We need a sharp, disciplined individual who has a passion for games, strong leadership skills, and a track record of managing live game economies and events.
What You Will Do (responsibility)
- Build a comprehensive and detailed plan for in-game events, including sales, promos, limited-time events, while altering configurations for repeating events to develop cadence and rhythm.
- Directly manage the implementation of events (concept, asset management, asset development, configuration, testing & execution).
- Analyze and monitor key metrics and user feedback on a real-time basis to determine user trends and behavior. Quickly detect and surface game economy imbalances and concept/execute rebalancing plans.
- Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through split-testing and rapid, data-driven iteration.
- Coordinate and configure the in-game communication, in addition to the CRM to ensure all events are supported with the appropriate messaging to consumers.
- Support the product feature and tool roadmap by surfacing unmet player and admin needs.
- Work with engineering team to design, implement, and roll out tools and techniques for automating live event and offers for users.
What You Bring To The Table (requirements)
- Previous work experience with free-to-play mobile games (3+ years preferred) or comparable experience in consulting or finance.
- Courage to take the leap from understanding what’s going on to brainstorming ways to improve it. Ultimately, success is about implementing campaigns and events that have a big impact on our users.
- Proven ability to own, build and iterate functions and processes.
- Experience hitting revenue/metric targets on a live game.
- Self-starter, able to identify obstacles and work through solutions.
- Skill in proactively identifying risks and making changes to the plan when necessary with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work with a wide range of people, from QA to analytics to art to product.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.