(Closed) Technical Game Designer
Technical Game Designer
Redwood City, CA
Los Angeles, CA
IMVU is looking for a script programmer with the ability to learn quickly and has interest in contributing to the design vision of a scripting API for unique gameplay. Duties will include implementing and maintaining gameplay in interactive experiences and helping external studios learn best practices using the evolving system.
- > 3 years of professional experience scripting gameplay (enemy AI, game mechanics, level controllers)
- Strong working knowledge of building and scripting in modern game IDE’s (Unity, Unreal, Crytek, Source, etc.)
- Understanding of 3D collision systems
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Interest in helping define and iterate on system-wide mechanics
Nice To Have
- Experience with navigation mesh systems for AI units
- General game design experience
- Technical writing skills
IMVU is a global 3D avatar-based social community of users who come together to play, interact, and make friends. Far beyond traditional social media, IMVU users customize an avatar representing themselves to express and interact with other avatars creating a greater sense of social presence – the feeling of being with someone else as if you’re physically there.
Today, over 8 million IMVU users every month enjoy the freedom to live the life they create through highly-stylized avatars, interacting with friends in immersive chat rooms, shopping for new looks, and sharing their experiences. IMVU is an expressive and collaborative world which includes over 50,000 creators making real money using design tools to create looks and rooms to sell in the IMVU Store.
To continue our success, we are building an even better way for friends to spend time together, in 3D, first on mobile and later in VR. The new platform will support advanced real-time play and interaction of all kinds, and a marketplace for creators (UGC) of realistic virtual goods, spaces, games and social experiences. It’s the most ambitious technical stack for a 3D virtual world ever conceived for Mobile, enabled by the latest advances in consumer mobile devices. Come help us build the future of Social.
How To Apply
- Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.