Principal Client Engineer
Principal Client Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Redwood City, CA
IMVU is rapidly expanding its development team and is seeking a Principal Client Engineer to play an integral part of the team focusing on an exciting upcoming project. This engineer will be actively involved in building a fully featured app on top of a cross-platform game engine targeting both iOS and Android users. IMVU is looking for someone who can help drive the client side 3D application and gamification that will include; building new features, mentoring the team, and driving the project toward launch.
- Are an expert at building high performance systems for games or 3D apps
- Have understanding of modern rendering architectures on mobile devices
- Are a master of C++ and love to get down to the nitty gritty of it
- Love designing architectures used across multiple discipline
- Are looking for the next challenge working in a cross platform/cross play environment
- Can take a feature from planning to release working across multiple disciplines and platforms
- Are able to mentor less experienced engineers in the craft of making games or 3D apps
- Have experience in modern engines such Unreal 4
- A superstar engineer with great coding skills
Then will you join our team and can...
- Be on the forefront of building or next gen mobile platform
- Design, architect and code full features systems from start to finish
- Help lead a team of engineers through the challenges of high end mobile development
- Build engaging features that will take the product to the next level
- Push the team forwards towards world class releases of exciting new product
- Be a part of establish best practices and guidelines
- Tackle difficult technological challenges and problems
- Work in a demanding and exciting C++ environment with highly dedicated team
What You Will Need...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of C++ experience
- Demonstrable experience building games clients and working with latest technologies
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead by example
- Experience using Python, Lua, or other scripting language
- Experience working with source control tools like git or perforce
- To have shipped multiple 3D games or apps preferable on mobile
- As a bonus - have experience in Unreal 4 and proprietary 3D engines
IMVU is a global 3D avatar-based social community of users who come together to play, interact, and make friends. Far beyond traditional social media, IMVU users customize an avatar representing themselves to express and interact with other avatars creating a greater sense of social presence – the feeling of being with someone else as if you’re physically there.
Today, over 5 million IMVU users every month enjoy the freedom to live the life they create through highly-stylized avatars, interacting with friends in immersive chat rooms, shopping for new looks, and sharing their experiences. IMVU is an expressive and collaborative world which includes over 50,000 creators making real money using design tools to create looks and rooms to sell in the IMVU Store.
To continue our success, we are building an even better way for friends to spend time together, in 3D, first on mobile and later in VR. The new platform will support advanced real-time play and interaction of all kinds, and a marketplace for creators (UGC) of realistic virtual goods, spaces, games and social experiences. It’s the most ambitious technical stack for a 3D virtual world ever conceived for Mobile, enabled by the latest advances in consumer mobile devices. Come help us build the future of Social.
How To Apply
- Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.