Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self and believe games are the basis of the future virtual worlds.
Developers face a variety of risks in game development – from game design to production speed to launch scale. With SpatialOS, we aim to offer the next generation game development technology that helps reduce those risks and enables innovation that is vital to the future of games.
We believe China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of game worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community. We are looking for talented individuals to join our Shanghai Office, our core hub and headquarters for APAC Operations.
Provide best-in-class gaming experiences for customers using the Unreal GDK. This means supporting all platforms which are supported by Native Unreal, including Android, iOS, PC, Mac, and consoles. We are growing our expertise of both Unreal and SpatialOS so that we provide the best possible solutions to our market. Our on-going commitment to mobile means that we are always available to solve mobile specific issues. Our future focus is to deliver high-value UnrealGDK features to our markets with ever increasing quality.
Our team contributes to core features of the Unreal GDK product, including mobile and zoning support. We work across components to provide solutions that are simple yet robust. We believe in high quality and we strive to always improve the quality of our product, the quality of our work, and the quality of ourselves.
Our team works directly with our first party studios to provide key functionality in the Unreal GDK. This work has included developing workflow improvements for building and testing Unreal games on mobile devices as well as participating in weekly playtests to understand how the mobile gaming experience feels. Most recently, our team has been developing zoning specific test scenarios in Unreal example projects to understand and measure performance of our zoning technology. We will be working with our first party studios to ensure the zoning specific features meet their necessary performance requirements. We directly impact the customers by delivering features that enable them to build amazing games.
- Develop and support SpatialOS and Unreal GDK
- Create example applications and work with first party studios
- Perform evaluation of new features on a variety of platforms including mobile devices
- Coordinate with global development teams to identify and provide features based on market requirements
- Design and implement workflows for successful product development using SpatialOS and Unreal GDK
Requirements & Outcome
- As an Engineer in the Unreal Team at Improbable, you’ll be responsible for designing, building and deploying the tools our customers use to develop their next generation Unreal games. This includes example applications and best practices to help our customers accelerate their development process. You will participate in play tests, work with Partner Engineering and Product Managers to define new features, and implement those features.
- Knowledge and understanding of Unreal Engine 4, our team will be primarily focused on customers using the Unreal GDK, your knowledge of Unreal will be vital for implementing feature requests and improving our Unreal GDK product.
- C/C++, while we expect you are versatile enough to work with any language, our primary development language will be C/C++.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.