Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self and believe games are the basis of the future virtual worlds.
Developers face a variety of risks in game development – from game design to production speed to launch scale. With SpatialOS, we aim to offer the next generation game development technology that helps reduce those risks and enables innovation that is vital to the future of games.
We believe China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of game worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community. We are looking for talented individuals to join our Shanghai Office, our core hub and headquarters for APAC Operations.
Your mission is to help develop core features for our Unreal GDK and SpatialOS, as well as support of Android and iOS mobile platforms.
We are focused on ensuring our customers can create the next generation of games with SpatialOS and Unreal. To that end, we are building a team at our Shanghai location withUnreal and mobile experience in order to implement key features which will enable our customers to build amazing games. We’re seeking talented engineers who’ve shippedproducts on Android and IOS platforms and understand the technical challenges facedby game developers.
As an Unreal Engineer at Improbable, you’ll be responsible for designing,building and deploying features like multi-worker support that our customers use to develop their next generation games. This includes building example applications and best practices to help our customers accelerate their development process, working with first party and third-party studios to develop solutions which allow them to achieve their goals, and finding ways to improve workflows to enable developers to accomplish more with ease..
Our team guarantees SpatialOS and the Unreal GDK are compatible with supported versions of Android and IOS and addresses any technical issues such as: performance, library compatibility, and mobile specific needs. Our team aims to providebest-in-class developer experiences and support of emerging mobile technologies like5G.
- Develop and support Unreal GDK for all platforms
- Create high quality example applications using Unreal GDK for Android andIOS platform.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts, integrate new software projectinto current CI/CD tools.
- Perform evaluation of new features on mobile devices
- Coordinate with global development teams to identify and provide featuresbased on market requirements
- Experience shipping product for Android or IOS
- Knowledge and understanding of Unreal
- C/C++, JAVA, Objective-C, Android NDK
- Strong technical programming skills utilizing a variety of different codinglanguages and tools
Experience of the following would be advantageous
- Experience with build CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/BuildKite
- Experience with Game Development for Mobile
- Experience with Mobile Network programming and debugging
- Experience with distribution of mobile applications in China market
- Experience of testing mobile solutions using platforms like WeTest or TestFlight
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.