Software Engineer, Infrastructure
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
The mission of Improbable Multiplayer Operations is to make launching games uneventful. The Development and Operate team is a key part of this mission, by provisioning, running and scaling the clusters running services that allow games studios and Improbable to run and operate their games on time, securely, and at the correct scale. You’ll join a team of engineers working closely together to enable game developers to do their best work. You’ll have the opportunity to build services that enable games studios to run and operate games at scale. Our team is focused on enabling our colleagues and customers to run their games safely, scalably and effectively. Over the next year, you’ll be helping us build out a suite of services that’ll allow our customers to run their games in production at scale safely with better observability and performance, leveraging the right combination of bare metal and cloud compute resources on Kubernetes.
- You’ll help speed up our customers ability to launch multiplayer games successfully
- You’ll help set and define the technical direction for the team and mentor and grow the engineers around you
- You’ll help us build systems that are performant, secure, operable, and reliable at scale
- You’ll contribute towards shaping the roadmap and working collaboratively with the product management team to achieve the highest level of impact for our customers
Apply if you identify with the following:
- Experience coding in Golang, Rust, C / C++, Java
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems
- Experience working with Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure or any other large scale cloud platforms
- Experience developing, running and supporting containerised applications on Kubernetes
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing engineers working on agile teams in a distributed environment
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.