As a Product Manager in Improbable, you will play a very visible role driving the formation of our best-in-class game developer facing products and services. With dependencies in marketing, finance, business development and engineering this role sits at the heart of the success of Improbable. You will gather and synthesise detailed feedback from our customers and the marketplace to define the roadmap and functional requirements. You will also provide analysis and input into pricing, marketing, feature launch and customer adoption. Additionally, you will represent our customers internally and create a tight feedback loop with engineering.
Area of Impact
- Capture product design insights through customer research, market-parity benchmarking, and understanding of current market opportunities.
- Steer and define a roadmap as a set of features as well as a go to market strategy for your market segment.
- Collaborate with our engineering teams to provide use scenarios, use cases and market data.
- Provide analysis and input into pricing, marketing, feature launch and customer adoption.
- Track product and feature performance.
- Co-operate with different partners, including other teams to define the best user experience and improve synergies for developers across our products and services.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Games industry experience, with empathy and passion for solving the unique problems game developers facing
- Wide knowledge of gameserver/backend design and operation aspects for typical game genres
- Knowledge of at least one of the following game engines: UE4, Unity
- Have good insight of game industry trends, specifically around multiplayer gaming
- Experience in identifying various user problem gaps or product flaws and coming up with creative solutions with your teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to different types of audiences (internal/external, tech/non-tech), and have a proven record of influencing and leading a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrates strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Full professional proficiency in both Mandarin and English
The following would be advantageous:
- A passion and enthusiasm for games and/or the gaming industry
- A strong academic grounding, in Computer Science or similar
- Experience defining technical products from scratch for the game industry.
- Experience working with B2B products.
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.