Lead / Principal Level Engineer, UGC Platform
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
We’re building our own games in our own new universes. Our ambition is to create games that surprise and delight communities of players using a powerful combination of industry-leading technologies, including our own SpatialOS. Taken together, we empower our developers to craft these exciting experiences sustainably.
Improbable is uniquely positioned to take a holistic and intentional approach to developing and evolving a new world creating platform, providing the methods by which users can be the pioneers of immersive virtual worlds that can be easily shared with friends and the world at large.
As a Lead / Principal Level Engineer, you will inspire and focus the efforts of the project engineering team, using a pragmatic and hands-on approach through our prototyping phase to guide the development of a social, web-based, metaverse platform and experiences.
While we believe the below is important, if you identify with the opportunity and our mission, and feel you could be good match for this role regardless, please still get in contact with us. We would love to hear from you.
- Actively develop novel, pro-social experiences with a rapid prototyping mindset
- Use your gameplay knowledge to champion an immersive experience.
- Be comfortable developing for the web (or happy to learn)
- Be an equal voice in evolving the team’s creative vision, scope and priorities.
- Drive towards development of a software architecture that affords rapid prototyping and supports user creativity.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry developments in the "Metaverse" space, recognizing external opportunities and risks to the team and the wider organization.
- Partner with internal studios to build technical bridges between their games and the platform.
- Communicate progress and risks openly and transparently in the team.
- Conduct yourself as a senior professional, leading by example to everyone else across the company regardless of their specific team or discipline.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.