Group Management Accountant
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
As a member of the Finance Team at Improbable you will be central to the company’s ability to deliver timely and accurate financial data. The London Finance Team is responsible for UK financial operations and month end close procedures.. We also work with our Financial Planning & Analysis team to produce group management accounts that ensure we are providing up to date information to aid decision making across the wider business. This means our team often acts as the “glue” between the retrospective and forward-looking financial information.
As a Group Management Accountant you will be critical in the team’s success, by implementing and leading accounting policy and procedure across the wider Improbable group. You will contribute by providing valuable insight into the numbers driving and leverage an aptitude for systems and processes to streamline processes across the group.
Areas for Impact
- Ownership and management of the month end process for the Group
- Production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Liaising with FP&A on month end reporting, striving to identify and report on key metrics for the business units
- Managing and monitoring the integrity of the management and financial data
- Assist in the implementation of streamlined financial processes across the group
- Review of individual company cash flows and consolidation into the group cash flow
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- ACCA/CIMA qualified with 2+ years industry experience
- A dynamic self-starter with a proactive approach to challenges
- Demonstrable experience of implementation of processes
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience using Solution 7 desirable
- Experience with multi-currency desirable
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.