At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
You will be a foundational hire in our UK Games Studio, helping us build the next generation of Games on our SpatialOS platform.
As part of the Improbable Game Studio, you will have an opportunity to define the next generation of deeply interactive online experiences. Help us create games that allow for new depths of simulation, destruction, and physical interaction at an unprecedented scale. Our technology allows us to experiment with genuinely new mechanics, both big and small. We're learning new skills within a massively networked environment that we believe is the future of gaming.
While we think the below experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
Areas of Impact
- Capable of independent work within a skill-set (e.g.: Programming, debugging, debugging, maths etc…)
- A good understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development.
- Able to generate tasks for their backlog with guidance from the code leadership.
- Skills in one or more common programming languages, C, C++, C#.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (preferable).
- Able to independently use documentation and guides to complete work or overcome impediments.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following outlined programming processes.
- Create high quality software within industry standard timelines.
- Complete gameplay features to the quality set by the code leadership in a dependable fashion.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.