Midwinter is looking for a full-time Game Analyst to join our talented Games-as-a-Service team located in the Seattle Area. Tired of being a small cog in a big machine? Midwinter is a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome. Here, your work will make a lasting impact on the games we make.
Are you an expert in analyzing game data, both real-time and offline? Providing actionable insights for effective player acquisition and retention? Understanding a game to an extremely high level, providing reporting, dashboards and detailed ad-hoc analysis/projections on request? Do you proactively perform data research, following your intuition to identify and validate opportunities for game improvements?
As a Game Analyst you will work closely with the design team to identify gameplay questions and gather data to provide actionable insights for acquisition, retention and monetization. You will support the Scavengers live ops team with creation, deployment and tracking of relevant KPIs, conducting experiments to better understand behavior patterns and identify trends/opportunities.
Areas of Impact
- Research data from a variety of sources to make informed recommendations for changes and improvements in the game
- Provide detailed analysis of player behaviors to help identify areas in which we can improve the player experience
- Provide detailed reporting and dashboards, using data to provide accurate projections upon request
We'd like to hear from you if
- Experience with SQL and R, SPSS, SAS or other statistical analysis software
- Experience with data visualization software such as Google Data Studio, Tableau, PowerBI or Mode
- Programming experience (e.g. Python, Go) is a bonus but not a prerequisite
- You are adept at analyzing and manipulating large and complex data sets
- Experience in similar live services game development studio roles is an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Midwinter Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to a hybrid work arrangement by default - 3 days per week in the office. However all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.