Engineering Manager (Quality & Operational Support), Defence
Your mission is to lead and grow a superior QA engineering team for Improbable Defence
The Quality Engineering group is being constructed across the organisation and aims to provide easy to use and effective tools and frameworks for our engineering division, and the partners and vendors that we collaborate with. This enables them to test, release and operate their high quality products quickly, reliably, repeatedly, safely and with confidence. Shipping the highest quality software to our customers will be central to the long-term success of our simulation platforms
You will develop, scale, lead and encourage Quality Assurance and Operational Support teams within the Defence business. These teams will be responsible for driving our quality processes during development efforts and supporting our products through and post-delivery to our customers. You will also contributing to product vision, strategic direction and delivery management.
Areas for Impact
- Lead and expand a crucially important team at the centre of our growth plans for 2021; create a best in class team and ensure the success of our product and customer strategy. We envisage hiring both reliability engineers as well as testers and we will look to you to develop a long-term balance.
- You will research and make recommendations on which Quality Assurance processes and best practices to put in place based on the strategic and financial goals of the organisation.
- Develop and maintain policies, processes, and metrics, to provide credible, accurate, and timely assessments of product quality.
- Establish repeatable and defendable processes for testing, release management, and delivery services, including deployment support and potential help desk operations based on contracted needs.
- Ensure budget and capacity line up with all phases of quality, testing, integration, and configuration control throughout the entire lifecycle
- Perform leadership responsibilities including the mentoring, performance appraisals and training of employees.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience growing and leading a Quality Assurance & support functions in a modern, cloud-based software engineering environment.
- Experience developing a Quality Assurance strategy from the ground up, working cross-functionally with a range of senior stakeholders.
- Experience leading teams of reliability engineers and testers.
- Experience within security would be an added advantage, including penetration testing, Threat Modelling and vulnerability testing.
- You are an empathetic communicator who can navigate tricky situations, having tough conversations where necessary, and being objective and structured in your approach to all personnel matters.
- You embody our values and ensure your teams are working hard, being kind and having fun. You embody our goal of “team before the needs of the individual" in order to best fulfil our duty to our customers.
- You’re considerate, humble, and a strong believer in teamwork.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.