Customer Account Manager
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self and believe games are the basis of the future virtual worlds.
Developers face a variety of risks in game development – from game design to production speed to launch scale. With SpatialOS, we aim to offer the next generation game development technology that helps reduce those risks and enables innovation that is vital to the future of games.
We believe China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of game worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community. We are looking for talented individuals to join our Shanghai Office, our core hub and headquarters for APAC Operations.
Improbable Is looking for people-minded problem-solvers that love fighting fires, driving projects through to completion, and influencing others..
Our customers use SpatialOS to create previously unimagined games. You would be working on Improbable’s front lines, directly with these customers on their projects, and you would be responsible for ensuring the success of these games by solving the problems that everyone else gave up on as impossible. Our customers create everything from small, indie projects to AAA console games and they're going to need your help to realise the full potential of SpatialOS. The platform is under constant improvement which means that this can be a rollercoaster ride, but one thing that’s guaranteed is that you'll never be bored at Improbable.
As a Customer Account Manager, you're responsible for ensuring the given game projects are on track and that we are delivering on our committed customer requirements. You'll be coordinating Improbable resources to respond to customer emergencies, working with key contacts at our customers to surface issues and product feedback, driving the constant improvement of our work, and generally making sure that our team is always on point and always on time.
This role does not require you to understand coding, but a technical aptitude and a willingness to learn new skills and technology will be crucial for success in this role.
- Own the relationship with the customer on a given game project for a number of Improbable’s customers.
- Understand customer requirements from the platform, and escalate issues accordingly. Should also independently push for solutions by leveraging contacts across all of Improbable
- Monitor customer satisfaction and ensure the resolution of emerging issues in real-time
- Create and maintain real-time reporting of responsiveness, service quality and customer satisfaction and use the data to help drive Improbable’s customer centric culture
- Proactively maintain excellent relations between the technical support team and other departments within Improbable
- Diplomatically collaborate with a wide variety of customer personalities
- Excellent communication skills, and a highly-proactive personality
- Must have a technical aptitude
- Experience as a producer in games or a project manager in software development would be beneficial
- Prior customer relationship experience is a must
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.