Character Technical Artist - Midwinter Entertainment
At Midwinter we're on a quest to create ground-breaking new games and a thriving community of gamers who play them. We’re bringing together top talent with a shared passion for creating fun. We value people from diverse backgrounds with differing perspectives, who are unafraid of taking on new challenges.
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Character Technical Artist to join our talented development team! We are based in Seattle, but currently operating remotely throughout the West Coast. This positions requires deep technical knowledge of both hard surface and organic skinning, and shipped game experience in Unreal Engine 4.
We are a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome. If you are passionate about beautiful environments, have a great looking portfolio and often find yourself getting under the hood in UE4, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Character Technical Artist, you will rig, skin and optimize hard surface and organic assets, and create tools for artists and animators. You will be working in both Maya and Unreal Engine 4, with special attention on the UE4 Animation Tools, Physics and Blueprint.
Areas of Impact
- Create rigs and generate skin weights for complex hard surface and organic assets.
- Review and optimize art for high performance on a wide array of PC/console hardware.
- Solve a wide array of technical problems and create tools for artists and animators in UE4 and Maya.
- Work closely with many disciplines on a small, nimble and highly experienced team.
We'd like to hear from you
- Recent experience in Unreal Engine 4, with focus on Skeletal Meshes, Character Animation, Blueprint and Physics.
- Extensive experience in Maya, or similar 3D package.
- Deep understanding of scripting languages (Blueprint, Python/MEL preferred).
- Experience developing tools to support animation and artist workflows.
- Attention to detail and beauty as demonstrated by a world class portfolio.
- Interest in processing motion capture data and procedural content generation a plus.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.