(Closed) Associate Art Director
At Midwinter we're on a quest to create ground-breaking new games and a thriving community of gamers who play them. We’re bringing together top talent with a shared passion for creating fun. We value people from diverse backgrounds with differing perspectives, who are unafraid of taking on new challenges.
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Associate Art Director to join our talented development team, based in Seattle but currently operating remotely throughout the West Coast.
We are a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome in the Unreal Engine. If you have a great art direction portfolio and enjoy working with other artists, we'd love to hear from you!
As an Associate Art Director, your role will be to commission and approve artwork related to the marketing campaign and service of our first game, Scavengers. Working in Unreal Engine 4, you will generate your own content and make a hands-on contribution directly to the game itself. Reporting to the Art Director, you will also provide mentorship and management of other artists.
- Reporting to the Project Art Director, establish the vision and approve artwork related to the marketing campaign and live service of our first game, Scavengers.
- Design branding elements, write briefs and style guides for various projects at a studio level.
- Generate high quality static and animated assets for use in Marketing, Promotional and Social Media.
- Work closely with other artists, designers and engineers to produce incredible final artwork.
- Direct and mentor other artists.
- Recent Unreal Engine 4 and Game Industry experience.
- Strong branding, graphic design skills and attention to detail, as demonstrated in a great looking design portfolio.
- Working knowledge of industry tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, UE4.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.