Senior Manager - Business Development
A bit about us:
Unique blockchain assets (“NFTs”) have grown in popularity rapidly over the past few months. These unique assets allow people to own anything from in-game items, to digital art, to music, and financial instruments.
However, they are highly illiquid: transactions take minutes or hours to confirm, and Ethereum can process fewer than 5 NFT per second for the whole world combined. To solve this problem for ourselves and for others, we have built Immutable X, a next-generation protocol for trading blockchain assets with instant trade confirmation, massive scalability, and no gas fees without compromising user custody.
The goal of Immutable X is to help developers and businesses scale their asset-creation by using our protocol for creating and trading these unique assets (“NFTs”).
We are searching for a Senior Business Development Manager to lead engagement with our key partners and create high-value mutually beneficial partnerships. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the future of digital asset trading is on public, decentralised infrastructure. Come and help us drive the future in one of the world’s most exciting startups!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead new business acquisition in greenfield opportunities for Immutable across multiple segments
- Craft custom pitches for your target accounts and creatively ideate ways to get them on board
- Develop strategic plans for your target accounts and identify required supporting resources
- Together with a Sales Engineer, deeply understand what partners are trying to achieve and design the right solution and craft compelling pitch narratives
- Take full accountability for how many of your partners launch their projects on Immutable X, working with a team of super-talented people to make this happen
- Contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Build deep relationships with executive stakeholders across multiple functions
- Manage the end-to-end sales process and track all interactions in the CRM
- Research and stay abreast of all new NFT/crypto projects and global F500 brands signalling interest in the space
We would love you to have:
- 3+ years of Enterprise Sales, Partnerships, or Business Development experience in SaaS or fintech companies, targeting C-level decision-makers
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Self-starter mentality that operates with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong interest in technology and a hunger for learning
- Ability to take accountability for achieving metrics
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience selling a technical product is a huge plus
- Involvement in the crypto/blockchain space
- Has sold analogous software (e.g. marketplaces, protocols/infrastructure)
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Employee Share Options: We are building a successful company which means sharing the companies potential wins with those who contributed
- Flexible working life and $750 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our new, shiny, Sydney office the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $750 contribution
- Paid Parental Leave: We celebrate our growing Immutable family! New parents will receive 12 weeks (primary) and 2 weeks (secondary) paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
- EOY and Birthday Leave: You can enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at EOY and a paid day off for your birthday
- Internet and Phone Allowance: $900 annually to put towards your mobile and internet expenses
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. You’ll get access to thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers. Immutable will also contribute between $1500-$2000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Wellness Benefits: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. We will contribute $1200 annually to put towards anything that contributes to your mental or physical wellbeing
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community for everyone. We’ve joined the Project F initiative aimed at removing the systemic barriers to achieving gender-balanced technology teams
- Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
We are building the Global Business Development Team and are hiring across all seniority levels. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all experience levels to get in touch and apply through this posting.
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.