A bit about us:
$100bn was spent on in-game items last year. $0 went to players. We believe that players should be rewarded for the valuable time and money they choose to invest in games. At Immutable, we are returning true ownership to players by building games where they are free to buy, sell, and trade their hard-earned in-game items.
Immutable has built Gods Unchained, which is a complex, multilayered strategic game that allows users the ability to build strategic decks and play those against other players in a variety of game modes. Gods Unchained is widely regarded as one of the highest quality blockchain games, and as our player base grows we are looking for a Principal Engineer to help shape the software engineering practices of our successful Gods Unchained team.
As a Principal Engineer for Gods Unchained, you will be joining the most rapidly growing tech company and game studio in Australia at a key stage in development. You will have the opportunity to make an outsized impact on a fantastic game whilst contributing to the basic patterns of a new genre of game that will be used all around the world. If you are an experienced Software Engineer looking to make an outsized impact, this is the role for you.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Design and implement well-crafted features for our products
- Architect and supervise the implementation of product-wide engineering choices
- Advocate for process and practice improvements in engineering
- Act as a point of contact for product managers doing technical discovery
- Create tools to help yourself and others improve the development process and experience
- Provide early validation for technical decisionsConduct internal training and education on engineering practices and processes
- 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience working with a distributed services architecture/microservices
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience across AWS, distributed services/microservices and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CICD)
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Blockchain / Solidity
- AWS Lambda
- Design Systems
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Flexible working life and $750 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our new, shiny, Sydney office the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $750 contribution
- Paid Parental Leave: We celebrate our growing Immutable family! New parents will receive 12 weeks (primary) and 2 weeks (secondary) paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
- EOY and Birthday Leave: You can enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at EOY and a paid day off for your birthday
- Internet and Phone Allowance: $900 annually to put towards your mobile and internet expenses
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. You’ll get access to thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers. Immutable will also contribute between $1500-$2000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Wellness Benefits: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. We will contribute $1200 annually to put towards anything that contributes to your mental or physical wellbeing
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community for everyone. We’ve joined the Project F initiative aimed at removing the systemic barriers to achieving gender-balanced technology teams
- Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.