Head of Community
A bit about us:
NFTs (unique digital assets stored on a blockchain), are exploding into a global asset class at rapid speed. The biggest companies in the world in gaming, finance, digital art, and collectables are either actively building or strategising their entry into the market.
However, blockchain assets right now are highly illiquid: transactions take minutes or hours to confirm, Ethereum can process fewer than 5 asset trades per second for the whole world combined, and the UX is very challenging for mainstream users.
To solve this problem, we have built Immutable X: the leading open-ecosystem scaling solution to trade and create NFTs on Ethereum. We’re a protocol: that means we enable other businesses to create and trade NFTs with no gas fees, completely carbon neutral, and in a truly decentralised manner.
We are hiring for a Head of Community to take full accountability for our global community strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to build and lead a team of Community Managers from the ground up to execute and make this vision a reality. If you want to join one of Australia fastest-growing startups and make executive decisions on how to build and manage the Global Immutable X community, this could be the role for you.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Immutable figurehead, leading community engagements and events
- Work with the executive team on public/online events and engagements
- Determine the community growth strategy that will turn immutable X’s users into raving fans and all of the users of our partner communities
- Develop an incident community playbook
- Oversee a wide range of content creation including social media, newsletters and all other materials required to support community engagement
- Manage speaking opportunities at conferences and other in-person events
- Collaborate with community managers to deliver content and execute your community strategy across various regions/geographies
- Proven success building and managing a community in a B2C facing role
- Proven capabilities at being the public face of a product e.g. interviews, podcasts, public events
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and storytelling skills to express messages concisely and compellingly
- Capable of writing email newsletters /copy, etc
- Demonstrated ability to understand a complex technical subject matter and to simplify and explain it to a broader audience
- Confidence working in a fast-paced environment; ability to deliver a quality product under time-bound and high stakes circumstances
- Ability to keep up to date with the latest news and discoveries in the blockchain and technology space
- Passion and strong understanding of the blockchain and NFT space
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience working on Crypto, SaaS or fintech companies
- Success interacting and growing a community in a B2B facing role
- Management experience
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Flexible working life and $750 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our new, shiny, Sydney office the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $750 contribution
- Paid Parental Leave: We celebrate our growing Immutable family! New parents will receive 12 weeks (primary) and 2 weeks (secondary) paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
- EOY and Birthday Leave: You can enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at EOY and a paid day off for your birthday
- Internet and Phone Allowance: $900 annually to put towards your mobile and internet expenses
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. You’ll get access to thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers. Immutable will also contribute between $1500-$2000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Wellness Benefits: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. We will contribute $1200 annually to put towards anything that contributes to your mental or physical wellbeing
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community for everyone. We’ve joined the Project F initiative aimed at removing the systemic barriers to achieving gender-balanced technology teams
- Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.