Engineering Manager/Lead Engineer
$100bn was spent on in-game items last year. $0 went to players. We believe that players should be rewarded for the valuable time and money they choose to invest in games. At Immutable, we are returning true ownership to players by building games where they are free to buy, sell, and trade their hard-earned in-game items.
This is why we are building Guild of Guardians, a mobile RPG made for players who want games to be more than just entertainment, and who want to play a free mobile RPG where they can turn their gaming passion into assets by trading heroes and items for real money.
As an Engineering Manager at Immutable, you will be responsible for managing a team of engineers as they seek to build cutting edge technology for our RPG game, Guild or Guardians. You will lead and mentor a team of engineers from diverse backgrounds and across different levels of experience. Your mission is to deliver robust, consumer-facing products that are necessary to facilitate an NFT and blockchain-driven mobile game.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to work in a high growth team, has an interest in blockchain and gaming, and loves working in a fast-paced, consumer-facing, develop and deploy environment!
- Hire, onboard and train new engineers to the software engineering chapter
- Define the processes and accountabilities between each team member
- Turn high-level product directions and priorities into technical direction and scoping
- Make pragmatic decisions for engineering delivery processes and technology architecture, while evaluating trade-offs
- Lead the weekly sprint planning and day to day management of engineers
- Collaborate with stakeholders to problem solve and unblock development
- Develop the release process to ensure robust product delivery, QA & automation
- Provide minor hands-on development support as required while the team is in a growth stage
- 2+ years experience managing teams of 2+ engineers
- Experience shipping website based consumer-facing products
- Experience with backend integrations and APIs
- Frontend: React, with strong CSS skills
- Backend: Node.js (with Typescript), Next.js, MongoDB, SQL, microservices
- Infrastructure: AWS, Vercel, Github Actions and Mocha skills
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Blockchain experience in Ethers.js, web3.js or solidity experience is nice to have but not mandatory
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Flexible working life and $750 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our new, shiny, Sydney office the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $750 contribution
- Paid Parental Leave: We celebrate our growing Immutable family! New parents will receive 12 weeks (primary) and 2 weeks (secondary) paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
- EOY and Birthday Leave: You can enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at EOY and a paid day off for your birthday
- Internet and Phone Allowance: $900 annually to put towards your mobile and internet expenses
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. You’ll get access to thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers. Immutable will also contribute between $1500-$2000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Wellness Benefits: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. We will contribute $1200 annually to put towards anything that contributes to your mental or physical wellbeing
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community for everyone. We’ve joined the Project F initiative aimed at removing the systemic barriers to achieving gender-balanced technology teams
- Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.