(Closed) DevOps Engineer
Gamers spent more than $100 billion on in-game items last year. However, $0 of that went to other players – it went directly to huge free-to-play game studios. Until now, games have only sold licences for these in-game items with highly restricted rights. At Immutable, we’re all about ownership: using blockchain technology to give players true and “immutable” ownership over the items they’ve worked so hard to acquire. This means they can trade, sell and utilize their digital items as they see fit. Alongside games, we build marketplaces and tools for these assets, so that game developers can build fully-fledged economies within their games
We’re seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us build the infrastructure of all our products, including Immutable X, the world’s first scalable and trustless game asset exchange.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to build and maintain the infrastructure powering an exciting and innovative startup, and help us create best-practice primitives for our future. Currently, we use a combination of manually configured and terraform-configured AWS infrastructure. This is an exciting chance to both set up infrastructure for new projects, and migrate our existing infrastructure to modern best practices.
While you have ideally had experience similar to this in the past, this role is a unique opportunity to work in a startup which is poised to radically shift the power balance between players and game studios.
Your typical day will include:
- Creating infrastructure for new products
- Migrating existing applications to our best-practice standards
- Creating reusable primitives for common patterns (i.e. Terraform modules)
- Creating documentation for existing environments and patterns
- Running devops learning sessions within the team
Note: While this is a contract role, we are not opposed to either extending the contract or converting the right candidate to a permanent hire, depending on our ongoing capacity requirements
- AWS experience designing secure and scalable systems, enabling you to make strategic recommendations about service selection
- Advanced Terraform experience using it to build complex infrastructure systems. You are familiar with best practices and can teach others how to interface with Terraform infrastructure
- CI/CD experience including experience with Github and Github Actions
- Experience in securing AWS services to a production grade level
- A product-first mindset with the ability to identify underlying business objectives, limitations and risks and balance speed with future maintainability
- Excellent collaboration skills working with other engineering teams to achieve business outcomes. You can manage competing priorities, identifying what really matters and thrive in a start-up environment
Why join Immutable?
- Impact - Build the infrastructure for revolutionary projects, including some of Immtuable’s key initiatives, which could revolutionize a $100B+ industry
- Development opportunities - Have full accountability for infrastructure on our Platform team
- Fun challenge - Work on an exciting product which will test and improve your skills, and where your work will have a significant impact on others
- Team culture - Be part of a fun, energetic and high-drive team who cares about our products and how they are built
Perks and Benefits
- Work in an exciting and innovative consumer-facing product environment
- Located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop where we hold loads of parties and BBQs (pre-covid)
- Weekly social events and numerous celebrations
- Very supportive, progressive and flexible working environment
- We provide you with all the hardware and an additional $750 to set up your new home office
- Perkbox benefits including premium access to calm, an online fitness portal and discounts in major retailers
- Thousands of courses on Go1, my academy and naspersAccess to 24/7 EAP service