(Closed) Graphic Design Intern
The design team is responsible for developing and maintaining the visual identities for IGC and it’s teams. This intern will be responsible for assisting in making sure all brand visuals are representative of the brand identity language and align with marketing objectives and channel best practices. Based on skill sets, each design team member will touch multiple brands which will require interfacing with all of the coordinators for the specific brand they’re working on. In addition to design work, this role will be included in extensive idea brainstorming and content production (shooting photo/video) where applicable.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and Visual Style Management
- Help create, articulate and dictate the visual tone, style, and values to ensure high-quality creative development and output.
- Be a resource for digital and spec design across all bream and team touchpoints.
- Conduct creative research and exploration when necessary for a project to understand brand needs and challenges fully.
- Ensure team and brand associated work and files stay in an organized and consistently categorized fashion on personal and shared drives.
- Interface directly with departmental coordinators and leads in developing assets for sponsors, events, PR materials, and other needs - working with marketing leads to prioritize when necessary.
- Collaborate with Coordinators on shot lists and provide art direction for marketing-led shoots.
- Marketing Strategy & Ideation
- Have a complete and thorough understanding of the brand guide and visual identity, and lead any necessary updates if necessary.
- Develop marketing ideas alongside the coordinator and translate them visually in formats that maximize the effectiveness of available creative formats.
- Display a fundamental understanding of platform design specs, including optimizing assets and ideas for all post types and for paid ads.
- Partner with Coordinators to develop social cut downs in formats best suited for the platform being placed.
- Be an expert on social platform capabilities, best practices, and new developments - work with marketing leads to develop how teams will use social channels.
- Experience in graphic design
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, with the ability to edit.
- Experience cutting and editing highlight clips for social/digital.
- Acute attention to detail with copy/grammar and design.
- Extensive knowledge and passion for esports, OWL, LCS, and other competitive leagues.