(Closed) Finance & Business Development MBA Summer Internship
Are you an MBA student with an interest in esports and business? If so we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a unique opportunity for an MBA student looking to gain experience from the esports industry, with exposure to the most exciting day-to-day business operations of the company.
Founded in 2015 we are an esports organization with a vision to build the most inclusive community in esports. Offering fans, players, partners, and other stakeholders the opportunity to engage, cheer, celebrate, and interact in a safe and welcoming environment. IGC also believes it is our duty as operators to perpetually raise the bar on issues including player treatment and diversity in esports.
Our investors and strategic partners, including AEG, Lionsgate, the Milken Family, Meg Whitman and Steve Kaplan, provide unmatched strategic insight, expertise, and network across sports, media, entertainment, facility operation, production, distribution, global finance landscape, and more.
We are looking for someone to help in evaluating various investment opportunities, conduct research, help with financial reporting, and more. You’ll be “playing like a champion everyday” as a crucial part of the business. This role calls for a detail-oriented team player with a positive attitude. The ideal candidate is also capable of working independently and willing to take on any challenge, big or small.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help evaluate investment/expansion opportunities (venture-type projects, M&A deals, etc.)
- Research (e.g. industry, business models, monetization channels, impact of new releases, etc.)
- Assist in creating various reports to senior leadership and investors
- Create other finance-related materials for various business needs
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Highly skilled at using Excel and PowerPoint, including financial modeling
- Understanding of accounting, either through educational background of past work experience
- Ideally experience from a professional services industry (e.g. investment banking, consulting, etc.)
- Interest and ability to think through complex business models
- Knowledge in, or interest and willingness to learn about esports and gaming
- Interest in technology and consumer facing businesses
- Relentlessly positive attitude with a “each of us is all of us” mentality