Imangi Studios seeks an experienced UX Designer to join the Temple Run game development team in Raleigh, NC.
As a UX Designer, you will bridge the gap between the game design team and ui art teams to develop intuitive user interfaces. As a master of understanding how to organize information on a screen, you will help shepherd players through their experiences in Imangi’s upcoming title.
- Create UX mockups and prototypes for all in-game menus and heads up displays.
- Attend feature brainstorming sessions representing exceptional user experience.
- Craft user stories to represent implementation details from the user experience perspective.
- Collaborate with engineering, art, and design to create core UI systems.
- Gather feedback from the analytics teams to identify opportunities for improvement on existing screens.
- Iterate on UX designs based on team and player feedback.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of experience creating high quality screen layouts for mobile video games.
- Proficiency using UX development tools (Adobe XD, Miro).
- Digital portfolio displaying examples of previously developed screens.
- Thorough understanding of information hierarchy and how to arrange information on a screen.
- A passion for video games and mobile gaming in particular.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously.
- Positive mind-set and a can do attitude.
- Knowledge of production methodologies and tools, including JIRA and digital asset management processes.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Skilled problem-solver that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Hands-on experience building screens inside the Unity Game Engine
- Strong UI illustration skills
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, and/or Final Cut\
- UI Animation skills