Imangi Studios is looking for a strong visual designer with a background in graphic design and an eye for creating a unique vision for the Temple Run game franchise. This UI/UX artist will define a cutting edge, forward-facing look and feel for the next generation of mobile games. The position requires thinking outside the box while respecting technical limitations. You may also work with data analysts and marketing teams to create assets to promote our games. Prototyping, wireframing, and optimizing are required, with overall visual development and improvement serving as the primary goal.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Create high end, modern graphic visuals that function well on mobile devices.
- Deconstruct the IP and present designs that are authentic to the brand and successful to the genre.
- Collaborate with multiple departments (design, engineering, etc.) to achieve UI/UX goals and elevate quality.
- Conceptualize, previz, and implement the game UI.
- Document and disseminate procedures and style guides to engineers and the other UI artists.
- Create graphic elements (icons, buttons) that exhibit high art quality and attention to detail.
- Build and animate UI elements in-engine.
- Maintain, update, and improve upon existing products, UI/UX, and brand expansion.
- Knowledge of UI/UX industry standards and trends.
- Experience designing for mobile games or applications.
- Previous game development experience is a plus.
- Sketching/wireframing/storyboarding abilities on paper and screen.
- Strong understanding of the effective use of color and composition.
- Proven ability to communicate visually, identifying and defining visual design issues and solutions.
- Management, creation, and sharing of project style guides, pattern libraries, and asset repositories.
- 3D modeling, surfacing, and rendering skills with an understanding of lighting, shaders, and materials.
- Ability to animate 2D and 3D elements in a variety of styles.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs (notably Photoshop and Illustrator), Unity (NGUI), and other relevant art tools
- A desire to learn, grow, and work in an iterative design environment.
- Ability to communicate and play nice with others in a dynamic team environment.
- Passion for games, virtual worlds.
- Portfolio must illustrate strong UI and graphic design skills, and be easily available for review