Position: Project Manager
Summary: Imangi Studios seeks a mid-level Project Manager to join the Temple Run game development team in Raleigh, NC.
In this position, you will facilitate and encourage successful product development via people and project management. This position will design reasonable schedules with game budgets and milestones in mind, then ensures all team members and departments are adhering to deadlines. Additionally, this role will support positive team interactions and troubleshoot with individuals for task-based issues.
- Coordinate the delivery of a high quality game experience within time and budget constraints.
- Maintain positive communication channels between all departments within the game studio, including the art team, programming team, QA team, design team, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and manage timelines and production schedules, including longer roadmaps and the shorter sprints that exist within those. Additionally, help measure time estimates and accuracy of these estimates in order to determine overall efficiency.
- Contribute to building and maintaining a strong, open, and supportive office and company culture through regular, transparent communication.
- Work closely with leads on day-to-day maintenance, organization, and management of the schedule(s) and resources.
- Attend department meetings to document, then distribute notes accordingly.
- Assist in detecting production and development abnormalities before reporting them through the proper lines of communication.
- Provide regular updates and status reports on the state of the project(s), including bug reports and task lists.
- Participate in product testing to monitor progress and state of the project(s).
- Participate in compiling data, charts, and visual assets for the creation of team-wide presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Proven experience in managing a game development team using Scrum Development and Agile methodologies either as a producer, project manager, or scrum master.
- Experience in successfully managing a game development project using Jira or other proprietary software tasking programs.
- Able to communicate with multiple departments within a game development studio and distribute important information in a productive and professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Passion for mobile games and experience working on projects that operate on a free-to-play model.
- To be able to succeed, you need to be a strong team player, passionate about games, with a high level of initiative and energy.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- 1-2 shipped titles
- Technical background and experience with common programming and scripting languages to provide accurate estimations of project scope.