Imangi Studios is looking for an experienced Art Director to join our team. This role will be responsible for setting the creative vision for Temple Run and Temple Run 2, then reviewing all subsequent art assets for quality and continuity. This role will create rough concept art to determine art direction at all stages of the development process. Additionally, this role will help plan the milestone schedule, resource management and budget management. Finally, this role will handle any art outsourcing needs, from locating, vetting, and writing up contracts, to providing feedback, receiving files, final sign-off of assets, and approving invoices.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Set the look, style, and creative vision for Temple Run and Temple Run 2 via concept art creation and subsequent asset review. Ensures that ongoing development adheres to that vision.
- Establish Temple Run brand guidelines across all mediums: games, licensed products, merchandise, logos, title treatments, and intellectual property in general.
- Along with the Art Manager: plan, manage, and coordinate all activities in the TR and TR2 Art Department.
- Ensure that project milestones and deliverables are met, by prioritizing tasks and managing workflow to address production schedules, staffing needs, and quality of work; works with Producers to monitor projects and project deliverables.
- Contribute to company strategic planning; proposes and operates within approved department or project budget.
- Present ideas and materials within the development process to executives and the leadership group in order to keep all involved departments on time, on task, and on budget.
- Identify, research, vet, and hire any outsource art needs. Manage those contractors throughout the development process.
- Represent the art team among project leadership to ensure that the art department is an equal partner in any game’s development and success.
- Approve or seek approval from Product Owner for the work carried out by team members at the end of each milestone.
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure they are aware of current projects, the advancement of the work and project directions and inform executives of relevant information on the work team.
- Provide art and design support when needed.
- Coordinate with TR2 Product Owner and other leads to ensure consistency between vision of all art and game design.
- Work with 3rd party licensors to provide and/or approve visual assets.
- Work with the producer to define, document art asset standards, processes and pipeline, ensuring clear instruction to allow partnership with outsourcing vendors.
- Proven supervisory or management experience of an art team of varying skills and specialties.
- Excellent computer, mobile phone, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) preferred.
- Knowledge of the Unity 3D game engine preferred.
- Ability to work in an Agile/SCRUM environment and extensive familiarity with Agile principles.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience in the video game industry, entertainment industry, or at a production house that develops 2D and 3D creative assets from scratch.
- Experience leading a team or projects.
- Positive, creative, collaborative attitude!