Technical Game Designer
You will work as part of the game design team, creating and maintaining design documentation while utilizing a host of tools to help shape various Illuvium gameplay systems. You will report directly to the Lead Game Designer and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams that touch on all aspects of game development. As such, good communication skills and a strong understanding and love for strategy games is essential. You will contribute and translate feedback to improve a multitude of game systems.
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people’s abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.
- Understand game balance and user psychology
- Write clear and concise design documentation
- Utilize internal tools and JSON to build characters and abilities
- Openly share your work, receiving and providing actionable feedback
- Apply deep knowledge of game design principles to achieve finesse
Skills & Qualifications
- An extensive portfolio of design showing a strong grasp of game mechanics and innovation
- 2-4+ years experience in as a game designer in the games industry
- Experience with JSON objects
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience with AAA or large indie games
- Experience with data-driven systems
- Familiarity with the Ethereum blockchain
- Experience din Unreal Engine 4
This job is 100% remote and we are looking to recruit the best talent in the world!