We are looking for a passionate gameplay programmer, someone that loves to code and build games! Based on the persons skill set they will be writing gameplay code for our auto battler in the simulation library and/or working with Unreal Engine on the overworld and RPG component of Illuvium, developing movement mechanics and other features. Having built and shipped similar types of games is highly beneficial as this will be this persons main role initially, as well as working on other projects and styles of games in the Illuvium universe in future.
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people’s abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.
- Use the game design document to build deterministic, data driven functions for an Auto Battler
- Use the game design document to build an open world RPG using Unreal’s Gameplay Ability System
- Work in a medium sized team with other developers using Git + LFS
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in gameplay programming with C++
- Must have shipped at least one title writing gameplay code for either a AAA or large indie studio
- Must have experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Passion for crypto and blockchain gaming
This job is 100% remote and we are looking to recruit the best talent in the world